AI Influencer Awards
MIT knows great ideas can change the world. Everyday, we are dedicated to finding solutions to the world’s most challenging problems through science and technology. At MIT AI 2020, we will honor innovative and passionate individuals who exemplify MIT’s mission to serve the nation and the world through AI based technology. We want to hear and share the stories of AI game-changers who are committed to creating meaningful change in today’s world.
Last date to apply June 30th, 2020
TThis year, we’ll honor influencers in four categories:
- Lifetime Achievement - Individual who already achieved several lifetimes’ worth of breakthroughs, founding or funding new innovations and launching new industries.
- Better World - Individual who demonstrates a real commitment to building a diverse and inclusive tech community and making a Better World.
- Trailblazer - This award recognizes individuals for their inspirational breakthroughs, and founding new fields of study.
- Rising Star - It’s never too early to invent groundbreaking technology, start a company, or bring innovations to market. This award recognizes someone under 35 who is already building solutions to create a new world.
Previous winners include: Mark P. Gorenberg (MIT SB ‘76) and Zia Chishti in the Lifetime Achievement category, Aileen Lee (MIT SB ’92) in the Better World category, Dina Katabi (MIT SM ’98, PhD ’03) in the Trailblazer category, and Guy Satat (MIT SM '15, PhD ‘19) in the Rising Star category.
AI Influencer Criteria:
- Nominations are open to all MIT AI 2020 attendees (MIT Alum status is not required).
- You may nominate your candidate for multiple categories as long as they meet the criteria for that category.
- If you cite specific works or projects ensure you highlight the problem being solved and the positive influence this will bring.
- Industry revolutionizing or revitalizing examples are highly encouraged. They can be ongoing or successful past projects that have significant measurable impact.
If you or someone you know is dedicated to improving the world through technology, please tell us more about your / their work in the form by clicking Apply Now.
Nominate them or yourself for consideration.
AI Past Winners
Recognizing outstanding achievement and innovation in the field.
Aileen LeeCowboy Ventures
Mark GorenbergZetta Venture Partners
Future of Infrastructure
With machine learning, design systems that could learn I-O patterns to enable storage optimization and make intelligent decisions
Future of Work
The changing job landscape, remote and on-demand work, and technologies that enhance productivity
Future of Health
Drug discovery, personalized medicine, telehealth, and mental health
Future of Learning
New modes of education and emerging technologies that enable deeper engagement
Future of Economy
Fintech and the economic forces and that are affecting and affected by technology and what this means for you
Future of Media & Entertainment
New forms of news, modes of entertainment, and what the future could look like according to science fiction
Get the playbook from the best AI experts, data scientists, machine learning engineers, founders, execs, and investors.
High density of high caliber engineers, machine learning experts, founders, executives & investors.
Learn, Share and Play with AI experts!
It’s not a “ hype / love fest” with AI.