Financial planning involves a solid basic strategy. But to fully optimize there are often time-sensitive year-end tactical opportunities. This event is geared for the latter.
Do you have a strong DIY nature (do it yourself)? Don’t let your efforts sit idle. You tackled the learning curve in a particular area: come share any insights and pointers in personal and small business finance -- especially the time-sensitive ones for year-end!
Join us to share, collaborate, learn, interact with like-minded alumni.
Topics: Personal and Small Business Finance.
Take up to five minutes to share a slide/screen share.
To speak on a topic or request a topic: SIGN-UP HERE.
Examples -- tax incentives in personal finance:
- Backdoor Roth IRA (last call!)
- Philanthropy: donor-advised funds and advanced planning options
- SALT deduction update
- Tax-loss harvesting
- Alternative investing with your IRA
- Qualified Opportunity Zone
Small business/gig workers incentives
- Solo-401(k) options; defined benefit plans
- SBA financing and grants that are still available
- Tax incentives for wage-paying businesses: Employee Retention Credit, Recovery Startup Business Credit, R&D Tax Credit
- SALT deduction “work-around”
- Student loan payment deduction
- DeFi -- Decentralized Finance: have you researched an interesting area that you want to share?
- Personal Finance tools: after scouring the landscape, did you find a gem that best solves a particular set of problems common among alumni?
This is an alumni-only event. Come share your expertise and learn from others.
We’ll start with any prepared slides, and move on to informal Q&A with the opportunity to break out if wanted.
And join the MITCNC “FinTrack” Slack channel, to share resources and ideas in the areas of Fintech, Finance, Real Estate, etc.: MITCNC FinClub.
Please make sure you are a current member of your local club before registering. If you are unsure please ask your club representative or if you would like to join MIT Club of Northern California, click here.
Please note: New Non-MITCNC Members: If you just renewed your membership, the system requires 24-48 hours to update and recognize new members.