MIT had a wonderful and vibrant dance program that many of us benefited from and enjoyed tremendously. The MITCNC wants to revive that spirit of musicality, movement, joy and friendship that illuminated the experience of numerous alums.
If dance is a part of your life, or, if it was so when you were at MIT, but you have now lost it, or, you have always wanted to dance but never got to it, we want to hear from you.
On October 29, we are launching a kick off Argentine Tango series. Over time, it is our intent to grow the program to include many more dances from Waltz, Foxtrot, Swing, Salsa and more.
With this vision, we have launched the MIT Dancers LinkedIn group which we recommend you join. We would like to dialog with you there and understand your needs and desires vis-a-vis dance (dance forms, level, objective, aspiration, location), whether or not you are attending the launch series. This is also the place to ask questions about the launch series and other future events.
Finally, we are looking for volunteers to build the MITCNC dance program. Please let us know in the MIT Dancers LinkedIn Group if you’re interested in volunteering.
- Date: Six Sundays, October 29th - December 10th, 2023 (except the Thanksgiving weekend)
- Location: 1680 Bryant Street, Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Time: 4pm - 7pm, includes a one hour class first, then open dancing / practice
- Level: All levels welcome, this is to get us started. Once we hear from you and understand your dance needs and desires, we will develop ongoing programming accordingly. Yes, absolute beginners are welcome! Partner not needed, but we will try our best to gender balance the event series.
- Instructor: Karn Verma, a Stanford alum, is excited to guide you through the tango world. With a journey that spans prestigious teaching centers to intense training in Buenos Aires and Rome (with the illustrious Pablo Veron), Karn brings a unique perspective that includes Zen meditation, Japanese tea ceremony, and a rigorous immersion in Argentine Tango. Learn more about him here.
- Space is limited for the first series. As we gather the community, we will expand. Please register ASAP to secure your spot.
- $120 for the entire series
Because this event is in person, you acknowledge the below by coming to this event.
I acknowledge and understand that: (i) I am not required to participate in this event; (ii) my participation is voluntary and at my sole risk; and (iii) I am responsible for my own protection against Covid-19, including, without limitation, following all health and safety protocols communicated to me or posted at the event venue.
Please make sure you are a current member of our club before registering. If you are unsure please ask firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to join MIT Club of Northern California, click here.
MIT Alums: Please make sure you are a current member of any local MIT club before registering.