What does a halo have in common with a muon? What even is a muon? At IAP day learn about this and more.
Remember that glorious, carefree month in between semesters where you had fun with friends, relaxed, and learned new things, all without the pressure of psets? Now is your chance to relive the spirit of IAP!
Come get together with other alumni, and remember and toast the MIT faculty's early and continued recognition that extracurricular activities, projects, and shared learning are vital to students' education.
IAP activities are distinguished by their variety, innovative spirit and fusion of fun and learning - purely for joy or personal enrichment.
As we bring that variety to an IAP Day in our own neighborhood, here's what we have in store:
Light Breakfast at 10 am
- Muons & Halos: build a cloud chamber to understand what they have in common
- Craft table: Make a key hook, wall banner, leather wallet, wooden coaster, or braided dog collar
- Car tire change clinic
- Demo Chime - make Indian chai on an automatic but authentic chai brewer.
- Tales From the Fix: Tragedy and Comedy Featuring Your Broken Stuff
- Hardware design + prototyping
- Trips to the patent website: IP mistakes to avoid
- An Accidental Yogi Takes You Through Hot Yoga Postures
- A Venture Insider’s Guide to Startup Fundraising
- The College Application Process Hacked - for Parents and Students
- Women backing women table: networking and hanging out.
- Chill with fellow MIT Alums
- Bring your favorite board game
Get Your Corporate Headshots - Update your LinkedIn Profile Pictures ...
Opportunities to help organizations have an impact, with MIT SOLVE teams:
- The Ihangane Project
- Code Nation
- Dost Education
- Code Nation
- Go Copia, PBC
Lunch: Celebratory Lunar New Year Lunch
Closing: Toast to IAP
Please join fellow MIT alumni, guests, friends, and family to celebrate our vibrant community and the new year.
San FranciscoMITCNC Event Wed, Feb 26 / 6:00 pm PT
First Republic Bank
1 Front Street
San Francisco, CA, 94111