Distance: 6.7 mi round-trip
Elevation Gain: 1250'
Est. Time: 3.0 hours
** RSVP REQUESTED **
Please RSVP below or email to mitcnchikers-owner -at- yahoogroups -dot- com
Advice for the route:
- Start at bottom of Grant Lake (parking lot)
- Take Halls Valley Trail
- Turn right on Canada De Pala Trail
- Turn right on Yerba Buena Trail
- Turn right on Loop Trail
- Turn right on McCreery Lake Trail
- Turn left on Lakeview Trail
- Turn right on Yerba Buena Trail and arrive back at parking lot
- There is no cell service in the area.
- The restrooms are located at the parking lot.
- Dogs are permitted to use this trail.
- There is a $6 cash vehicle entry fee.
Joseph D. Grant County Park is way up in the hills near Mount Hamilton, and this hike takes full advantage of the altitude.
Should be beautiful and green at this time of year too, maybe a few wildflowers, and nice views of the Lick Observatory on Hamilton. Fantastic views from the road up, too.
This is a moderate hike. Please be sure that you are comfortable with this level of effort before joining us. And be sure to eat a nutritious breakfast, so that you arrive well fed, well hydrated and ready to hike.
From I-680 in San Jose, take the Alum Rock Avenue exit and drive E for 2.2 miles. Turn R on Mt. Hamilton Rd. (Hwy 130) and drive 7.9 miles to the sign for Joseph D. Grant park on the Right. Don't turn there, instead continue another 100 yards to the Grant Lake parking lot on the left hand side of the road.
For more information about Joseph D. Grant, and how to find it, you can visit the following web site: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/
What to Bring:
- Water (at least 2 liters per person)
- A hat, sunglasses and sunblock
- $6 cash for vehicle entry
- Snacks and lunch
Carpooling is always a good idea. If people want to get into a carpool, we've set up a group you can use to set up and join carpools. To access it, go to https://www.groupcarpool.com/t
If it's raining significantly, the hike is off. If the weather is ambiguous, we will send out an email on the morning of the hike to all persons who have RSVP'ed
Joining any hike is entirely voluntary and participants assume any and all risks associated with the activities. By registering or attending this event, participants agree to the conditions posted at:
email: mitcnchikers-owner *at* groups.yahoo.com
phone: 208 nine zero eight one three two four