Shoreline Lake is a beautiful recreational area with kayaks and sailboats crossing the water. We will begin at the boathouse and enjoy a leisurely 3 mile walk around the lake through to the Baylands Adobe Creek Loop Trail to view a treasured estuary for a variety of birds. Here is a link to the Stevens Creek Shoreline Nature Area website in case you would like to preview the waterfowl and shorebirds https://www.openspace.org/preserves/stevens-creek-shoreline-nature-area#highlights. Then, we will retrace our steps to gather at the cafe!
RSVP Requested. We will begin our hike promptly at 12:00 pm.
Distance: 3.0 miles
Elevation Gain: 20 ft
*Subject to minor changes; we may take a slightly different route based on trail conditions.
Where to Meet: Our hike will begin at the entrance to the Boathouse & American Bistro facing the parking lot.
Carpool: Encouraged but not hosted.
What to Bring:
- At least 1-2L of water. Or, plan to visit the cafe after.
- Comfortable walking shoes, the trail is pretty flat.
- Check the weather forecast. It will probably be warm.
- A hat.
- As Shoreline Park is a protected wildlife refuge, NO pets, including dogs, may enter the park, even if they are inside a vehicle. They may not pass beyond the main entry gate, driveways or pathways leading into the park: And, this includes Shoreline Lake and its facilities.
- Free parking
- Additional information available here https://shorelinelake.com/hours.html
Route: 1.5 miles around the lake and out to the Baylands, then 1.5 miles back to the boathouse.
Note: Our exact route is subject to change depending on trail conditions and wishes of the hiking group.
Joining any hike is entirely voluntary and participants assume any and all risks associated with the activities. By registering or attending this event, participants agree to the conditions posted at:
Because this event is in person, you acknowledge the below by coming to this event.
I acknowledge and understand that: (i) I am not required to participate in this event; (ii) my participation is voluntary and at my sole risk; and (iii) I am responsible for my own protection against Covid-19, including, without limitation, following all health and safety protocols communicated to me or posted at the event venue.
Please make sure you are a current member of our club before registering. If you are unsure please ask firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to join MIT Club of Northern California, click here.