**Please note the later start time**
Please park at the Presidio Officer's Club (50 Moraga Ave, San Francisco, CA 94129) and meet by its front door. There are plenty of spots, and parking is free. (Public transit is available directly to the Presidio by Muni and the PresidiGo Free Shuttle.)
Distance: 7.4 miles
Elevation change: 928 feet
Estimated time: ~4 hours (11am - 3pm)
Full route map: https://goo.gl/maps/HKNBQbRwpLU2
** RSVP REQUESTED **
Please RSVP above or
e-mail mitcnchikers-owner ==at== yahoogroups ==dot== com
The Presidio is San Francisco's only National Park, formerly a U.S. Army military fort, and the only national park in the country to be financially self-sufficient. This park has over 24 miles of hiking trails and is dog-friendly, making this an accessible city hike with incredible views! We will take a 7.4-mile loop through the lesser-known areas of the Presidio, checking out some famous spots, such as Lover's Lane, two Andy Goldsworthy art pieces (Wood Line and the Spire), and the Golden Gate Overlook.
- At least 1-2L of water.
- Snacks and if you'd like, a packed lunch (we may stop briefly to eat).
- Good hiking shoes.
- Warm layers (it will get chilly and windy along the coast!).
- A hat.
- Hiking poles & other equipment as needed (optional).
- Camera (optional).
- Feel free to bring your dog, but they must remain on-leash during the hike.
Here is a Google Map detailing our hike: https://goo.gl/maps/HKNBQbRwpLU2
There are restrooms throughout the hike. We plan to take the following trails:
- From the Presidio Officer's Club, south on Lover's Lane (0.8 mi)
- West on Mountain Lake Trail, connecting to Park Trail and Juan Bautista de Anza Trail (1.8 mi)
- West on Lobos Creek Valley Trail (0.4 mi)
- North on California Coastal Trail and Batteries to Bluffs Trail, to Battery Godfrey and the Golden Gate Overlook (1.4 mi)
- South through Fort Winfield Scott, connecting to the Bay Area Ridge Trail, to the Spire and Inspiration Point Overlook (2.2 mi)
- North on Ecology Trail back to Presidio Officer's Club (0.7 mi)
If it's raining significantly, the hike is off. If the weather is ambiguous,
we will send out an email to firstname.lastname@example.org on the morning of
the hike. You can easily join that email list by going to the
web page and clicking on the "Join This Group!" button. After you're on the
list, you will receive up to a few emails a month about MITCNC hikes.
* Presidio Trails Map
* Description of Presidio Trails
Joining any hike is entirely voluntary and participants assume any and all
risks associated with the activities. By registering or attending this
event, participants agree to the conditions posted at: