Distance: ~7.0 miles
Elevation change: 2493 feet
Location: Meet at Mori Point Road and Bradford Way
Parking: Free residential parking available on Bradford Way
You may view parking areas, the meeting location, and the hike route at our hike map.
Join the MITCNC Hikers on our first ever sunset hike! We will make a loop through Sweeney Ridge in Pacifica, aiming to watch the 7:53pm sunset at Mori Point (photo above). This may look familiar if you are a movie buff — the final scene in the movie Harold and Maude, where Harold drives his Jaguar off the cliff, was shot on a Mori Point bluff. Get ready to enjoy a beautiful sunset from the bluffs, overlooking the Pacific Ocean (weather permitting!). This is a dog-friendly hike (on-leash only), so bring your canine friends, as well as cameras and warm clothes. Our hike mapincludes parking, meeting location, and hike route information.<
- Blanket/camping chair for watching the sunset (optional - note you will have to carry this for the 7.0-mile hike)
If attendees want to get into a carpool, we've set up an unmoderated discussion group:
1) Make sure you have a Yahoo account, or create one.
2) Join this group at http://groups.yahoo.com/gro
3)Send a message to mitcnchikers_carpooling@gro
If there's any ambiguity about the weather on the day of the hike, you can check the forecast for Pacifica the morning of the hike at https://weather.com/weather
If it's raining significantly, the hike is off. If the weather is ambiguous, we will send out an email to email@example.com
Rain date: Sunday, April 30.
- Sweeney Ridge Brochure/Trail Map
- Sweeney Ridge official website
- Mori Point Trail Map
- Mori Point official website (includes links to maps and other informational brochures)
- All Trails (note - we are doing an altered version of this hike and going in the opposite direction. This All Trails hike includes the Notch Trail, which is not dog-friendly).
- Photos and brief descriptions, including the unmaintained trail
- Bay Area Hiker (note we are not doing this exact hike), including descriptions of historical sites/monuments we'll be passing, and the flora
Date and Time
Sunday, April 23, 2017
2:30 PM - 8:00 PM PT
LocationMori Point Rd & Bradford Way
Mori Point Rd & Bradford Way Pacifica, CA 94044 View Map