Target Audience: MIT Alums and Their Toddler and Preschool Explorers (Aged 1 to 5)
Come immerse yourself in the wonders of nature alongside fellow MIT Alums and their toddlers. We invite you and your toddler(s) to a delightful morning at Byrne Preserve, led by a dedicated California Naturalist educator from Tiny Treks. Tiny Treks have been specialized in these nature adventures for family and children since 1997. This handpicked nature walk offers your child an enriching venture through the outdoors, beautifully melding fun, education, and exploration.
What to Expect:
- Discover the magic of Byrne Preserve with hands-on exploration and play.
- There is a horse barn! We'll save the horse barn tour for the very end so we can enjoy the hike with snacks and stories up on the hill with the view. If anyone is allergic to horses, they can totally skip the horse barn tour as it is at the end.
- Introduce your children to foundational concepts in science, critical thinking, math, pre-literacy, and art. Foster their social emotional development in a lively outdoor setting
- Enjoy singing, dancing, hiking, and a whole lot of fun!
- This event is specifically curated for families with young children aged 1 to 5 years old. Please reserve one ticket PER CHILD. No need to reserve tickets for accompanying adults.
- Limited spots. Register by October 29th.
What to Bring:
- Water bottle
- Park on Altamont Rd or in the gravel lot near the barn.
- See map image below. Meet at the Red Pin near the gate to the preserve.
- Bathroom: Yes
- Stroller Friendly: Jogger Style - Okay
- Water Play: No
Because this event is in person, you acknowledge the below by coming to this event.
I acknowledge and understand that: (i) I am not required to participate in this event; (ii) my participation is voluntary and at my sole risk; and (iii) I am responsible for my own protection against Covid-19, including, without limitation, following all health and safety protocols communicated to me or posted at the event venue.
Please make sure you are a current member of our club before registering. If you are unsure please ask email@example.com or if you would like to join MIT Club of Northern California, click here.