Embark on a Nature Adventure with Your Little Explorers! Join fellow MIT Alums and their family for a morning of exploration and fun in the South Bay's natural splendor. This family-friendly hike is a perfect way to engage with the great outdoors and the MIT community.
For the Kids:
- Spot the vibrant local wildlife and nature, including peacocks, turkeys, chipmunks, banana slugs and variety of fungi
- Investigate rustic barns and historic farm structures
- Climbover fallen trees and navigate the natural landscape
- Construct and play in imaginative stick forts
- Forge new friendships on the trail
- Partake in a rewarding scavenger hunt, with treats as prizes!
- Express creativity through simple, yet memorable, arts and crafts
For the Adults:
- Connect with other MIT alumni parents and share a toast with a glass of wine at the journey’s end
- Relax knowing the trail is an easy 1.5 miles, with gentle hills, suitable for all ages
Plan Your Adventure:
- Meet point: Zinfandel Trail, Cupertino, CA 95014. The meeting point is at a gate next to a parking lot at the winery
- Difficulty: Easy. The hike is about 1.5 miles, mostly flat with some short hills.
Essentials to Bring:
- Water bottle, snacks, and lunch
- Comfortable hiking shoes
What We Provide:
- A knowledgeable guide to lead your adventure
- A digital guidebook to ensure a seamless experience, including parking and dining options
- A treat for each child and a craft activity to remember the day
- One scavenger hunt set per family
- Access to a first-aid kit
- A loaner kit of hiking gear available upon request (please give 48-hour notice). Contact our guide, Miranda, at (650) 888-2765 for more information and to reserve items like strollers, infant carriers, backpack carriers, and hiking poles.
Because this event is in person, you acknowledge the below by coming to this event.
I acknowledge and understand that: (i) I am not required to participate in this event; (ii) my participation is voluntary and at my sole risk; and (iii) I am responsible for my own protection against Covid-19, including, without limitation, following all health and safety protocols communicated to me or posted at the event venue.
Please make sure you are a current member of our club before registering. If you are unsure please ask email@example.com or if you would like to join MIT Club of Northern California, click here.
MIT Alums: Please make sure you are a current member of any local MIT club before registering.