By 2030, there will be more people over the age of 60 than children under age 10. Technology – such as innovations in robotics, autonomous vehicles, augmented reality, biosensors, wearables and predictive analytics – is available to address the needs of this aging population. What are the opportunities and challenges in advancing healthy aging? How can we collectively implement solutions that work and create real impact?
Join us for a dynamic conversation from three luminaries and leaders in the field of aged care and technology.
Mary Furlong - CEO, Mary Furlong and Associates
Mary Furlong, Ed.D, is a leading authority on the longevity marketplace. She has guided the business development and marketing strategies of leading corporations, emerging companies, and nonprofit organizations for more than 30 years. In addition, Mary is the Dean's Executive Professor of Entrepreneurship at Santa Clara University's Leavey School of Business. Prior to launching MFA, Mary’s experience includes:
- Founded the nonprofit organization SeniorNet in 1986 and ThirdAge Media in 1996
- Named one of Fortune Small Business’ "Top 25 Women Entrepreneurs" and honored by Time magazine as one of its "Digital 50"
- Served as a White House Commissioner on Libraries and Information Science during the Clinton administration
- Named one of the 100 most influential women in Silicon Valley by the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- Mary is the author of Turning Silver into Gold: How to Profit in the New Boomer Marketplace, and co-author of Grown-Up's Guide to Computing
Jennie Chin Hansen – Board of Trustees, Health Research & Educational Trust
Jennie Chin Hansen is senior strategic advisor and immediate past CEO of the American Geriatrics Society. Her extensive experience also includes:
- Past president of AARP
- 25 years of service with On Lok, Inc., a nonprofit family of organizations providing medical and community-based services for frail older people in San Francisco
- Federal Commissioner of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC)
- Veteran’s Administration Advisory Committee on Gerontology and Geriatrics
- The Department of HHS’ National Institutes of Health-National Advisory Council on Aging
Bob Bailey - Chairman and CEO, Blue Willow Systems
Blue Willow applies advanced technologies as well as advanced analytics to automate a higher standardized level of care and security for seniors.
In addition to leading Blue Willow Systems, Bob also serves on the Board of Micron Technologies, Inc. and is investing in building several Senior Assisted Living Facilities in the Pacific NW. Previously, Bob served in various capacities, including:
- CEO and Chairman of PMC-Sierra
- VP of Application Specific Integrated Circuits, AT&T’s ME Strategic Business Unit
- In 2000, Bob was named “CEO of the Year Award” by Electronic Business
- Ranked as one of the “Top Ten CEOs of 2000” by Investor’s Business Daily
Date and Time
Thursday, November 09, 2017
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM PT
Registration and Networking
06:00 PM - 06:30 PM Introduction of Technology and Aging
06:30 PM - 06:45 PM Presentation
06:45 PM - 07:15 PM Fireside conversation and Q&A with audience
07:15 PM - 08:00 PM
LocationMorgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
1400 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304 View Map