MIT Alumni Angel Investors Group of Northern California seeks to leverage the power of the MIT alumni network in Silicon Valley to perform deep technical diligence on emerging technology investment opportunities. Membership is limited to all MIT alumni who are accredited investors. Guests may attend if space is available. The events are free to both attendees and pitching companies, and the organization is completely volunteer led. The group has been in operation since in January 2014 and has provided millions of dollars to startups. We focus on deep technology startups – companies backed by significant R&D and IP. We host pitch events at least once every quarter. Almost half the companies that are selected to pitch eventually receive an investment. MIT Alumni Angel Investors of Northern California would like to:
- Welcome, invest, and mentor entrepreneurs to bring their innovations to applications.
- Bring the connections and leadership of MIT alumni investors to our entrepreneurs.
- Leverage the power of MIT alumni network in Silicon Valley to perform technical and business diligence on investment opportunities.
- Focus on emerging science and technology startups backed by significant R&D and IP.
- Has been in operation since January 2014.
- Over 400 accredited investors.
- Over 500 startups submitted applications.
- Invested millions of dollars in startups.
- About a third of startups who pitched received an investment.
- Host pitch events at least once every quarter.