Amar Kendale SM '02, SB '00
Chief Product Officer
- MC10 - Vice President of Marketing and Strategy
- Cellanyx Diagnostics - Co-founder and Advisor
- Pavilion Medical Innovations - General Manager
- Arsenal Medical and 480 Biomedical - Vice President of Marketing and Strategy
- Startup Leadership Program - Fellow
- Arsenal Medical - Program Manager, Product Development
- Boston Scientific Corporation - Product Development Engineer
- Surface Logix - Senior Engineer
My passion is developing products and technology that shape the future of health and improve lives. For over a decade, I have been focused on the needs of stakeholders– health consumers (formerly known as patients), payers, manufacturers, and providers– to support the development of a broad range of therapeutic and diagnostic products.
At MC10, as Vice President of Marketing and Strategy, I was responsible for the definition of new wearable electronics products and platforms for applications in consumer and healthcare markets, validation of new market opportunities, and growing and developing the MC10 brand.
Previously, I was the Vice President of Marketing at Arsenal Medical, a venture-backed medical technology start-up founded by luminaries George Whitesides and Bob Langer. I identified the market opportunity for the company’s clinical-stage lead program, a bioabsorbable peripheral stent to treat cardiovascular disease of the superficial femoral artery.
Prior to joining Arsenal, I developed technologies and products. At Boston Scientific (formerly Guidant), I developed and launched cardiovascular medical devices. At Surface Logix (also founded by George Whitesides), I designed and built tools to increase the efficiency and performance of the drug discovery process, working with colleagues in biology, chemistry, materials science, and engineering.
I completed both my Masters and Bachelors degrees in Mechanical Engineering at MIT.
- Executive leadership in dynamic multi-disciplinary environments.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, with a refined ability to quantitatively & qualitatively identify trends and patterns
- Extensive product development experience, spanning the full product cycle from product definition & concept development through launch
- Opportunity analysis & strategic planning in consumer and healthcare markets
- Corporate, platform, & product brand development, & communications and PR